Named Gift Honoree program
The process for awarding a Named Gift Honoree.
- Individual members and branches can make donations to national throughout the calendar year (January 1-December 31). Branch donations can be made either in one large amount or in several smaller ones.
- For each $500 of total donations credited to your branch in a calendar year, your branch is eligible to select one Named Gift Honoree. For example, if you have made $712 total donations, you can choose one honoree; if you have donated $2000, you can choose four.
- At any point in the calendar year or after receipt of the fourth-quarter giving record that generally comes out in late January or February of the following year, you can choose your honoree(s).
- This is no longer a national-level recognition program. Therefore, you should not send to national the names of those being honored by your branch donations.
If you want your Named Gift Honorees to be recognized by AAUW Pennsylvania, follow steps 1-3 above and complete these following two steps:
- Send honoree names to the AAUW Funds Chair by February 15 of the year following the fiscal year of donation. The chair will inform you if this date changes, and will keep track of the honorees.
- Named Gift Honorees will be recognized in the annual AAUW PA Yearbook. However, the AAUW PA Board of Directors has decided that the state will no longer produce and mail paper certificates. This does not preclude Branches from determining how they want to recognize their honored members.
Please contact Sally Kalin, AAUW Funds Chair if you have any questions.