The AAUW Pennsylvania Gateway to Equity Award honors an individual, group or organization that has shown by action and philosophy the promotion of the AAUW mission to advance gender equity for women and girls through research, education, and advocacy. It celebrates International Women’s Day which is held annually on March 8.
AAUW Pennsylvania Recipients
At the recommendation of the AAUW Pennsylvania Public Policy Chair/s, the AAUW Pennsylvania Board may designate a Gateway to Equity Award to an individual or organization that has contributed to advancing gender equity across the entire Commonwealth. When awarded, the recipient is asked to speak at the State Convention.
AAUW PA Gateway to Equity Branch Recipients 2020-2021
- Allentown – Leaving Jail: A Comprehensive Regional Reentry Program for Woman
- Beaver Valley – Linda Homyk, MSN, RN Heritage Valley Health System
- Bethlehem – Rachel Griffith, Owner of Apollo Grill
- Bradford – Sally Ryan Costik, Bradford Landmark Society
- Carlisle – Beth Kempf, Executive Director of Community CARES
- Doylestown – NAACP Bucks County Branch
- Easton – Nancy Walters, Easton Hunger Coalition
- Fox Chapel Area – Bethlehem Haven Women’s Shelter
- Harrisburg – Kathy Silks, Branch Diversity and Inclusion Chair
- Johnstown – Flood City Youth Fitness Academy
- North Hills Pittsburgh – Vivian Lee Croft, Write Pittsburgh
- Reading – Albright College
- State College – Carol Eicher & the Community Diversity Group
- West Chester-Chester County – West Chester University Resource Pantry and Home of the Sparrow
- York – Marya Bowman, Marion Bowman Memorial Scholarship
Award Procedure for AAUW Pennsylvania Branches
AAUW-PA encourages all branches to participate in this opportunity to recognize an individual, group or organization that shares its commitment to equity and to bring awareness to the work of that individual, group or organization and of AAUW.
For assistance contact Sandra Miller, Public Policy Chair.