Randi Blauth, Membership Vice President
Be part of a group that champions gender-fair education, civil rights, legislative action in support of equity and so much more!
Experience the AAUW Connection:
- Committed to a shared cause
- Take action on issues important to you with AAUW’s Two-Minute Activist
- Learn to negotiate for higher salaries and benefits through AAUW’s Work Smart and Start Smart programs
- Develop women leaders
- Support fair pay legislation and Title IX such as domestic partner abuse on campus and off
- Empowering webinars on issues important to women and female-identifying allies
- Fund research on key equity issues
- Lobby on priority issues: national, state, and local
- Updates on public policies that affect your life
- Your connection with higher education
- DEIB commitment (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Belonging) and education
- GOTV (Get Out the Vote) initiatives
TO JOIN A BRANCH NEAR YOU CONTACT OUR STATE MEMBERSHIP CHAIR
Documents to Download:
Significant Branch Anniversaries
July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021
|State College (April 22, 1916)||105 years|
|Bradford (April 16, 1921)||100 years|
|Harrisburg (1921)||100 years|
|Easton (June 22, 1926)||95 years|
|Pocono Area (April 2, 1926)||95 years|
|Washington (December 14, 1925)||95 years|
|Indiana County (May 5, 1936)||85 years|
|NEMCO (November 13, 1945)||75 years|
|North Hills Pittsburgh (November 19, 1970)||50 years|
ELIGIBILITY A graduate holding an associate or equivalent (RN) or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution.
MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES (summary of state dues is here)
Dual Members. This is a member who holds membership in more than one branch. Membership ($62) is paid through one branch considered the primary branch. Branch dues are paid to each branch unless a life member. $59 is tax deductible.
National Members (formerly Members-at-Large). A national member pays dues directly to AAUW ($62) and is not affiliated with a branch. $59 is tax deductible. National members may join AAUW-PA by paying the $10 dues to receive the Keystoner and be invited to state meetings. These state memberships must align with the fiscal year, not the anniversary dates used by national.
E-Branch. National members, members of disbanded branches, as well as members in unique living situations, can remain connected or become involved with AAUW-PA. These members can choose to form an e-branch which only requires three (3) members and some knowledge of the internet. Contact social media chair AAUW-PA for more information.
Paid Life Members. A paid life member has paid a one-time payment of 20 times the current AAUW dues. The member is required to pay branch and state dues.
Honorary or 50-Year Members. A member who has paid AAUW dues for 50 years is eligible for Honorary life membership. The 50 years do not need to be consecutive. No dues are required of state, but a branch may or may not choose to collect branch dues. The branch needs to submit an application to AAUW. Go to www.aauw.org; click on the following: Member Center, Membership Campaigns, 50 year Honorary Life Membership, then General Forms.
College/University Membership. AAUW’s College/University Membership Program provides educational institutions the opportunity to easily share all the benefits of AAUW with their students, faculty, and staff.
- Undergraduate and graduate students at a C/U member school: AAUW dues are FREE; state dues are FREE as long as the student is enrolled in college; branch may or may not collect dues.
- Undergraduate and graduate students at a school that is NOT a C/U member: AAUW dues are $18.81; state dues are FREE as long as the student is enrolled in college; branch may or may not collect dues. As an Emerging Leader Intern (ELI), a branch may choose to pay AAUW dues.
Shape the Future Events. At mission-driven events open to the public, discounts will be offered to prospective members or two-year lapsed members, and free memberships offered to a branch. The discount of ½ AAUW dues ($31) and ½ state dues ($5) is offered to a person who joins on the spot; branch dues may or may not be waived. One free membership for every two new members who join, with a maximum of three, will be offered to the branch and must be redeemed by the end of the AAUW fiscal year in which it was earned.
THIS RESOURCE IS A SUMMARY OF INFORMATION WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED AT www.aauw.org BY TYPING “LEADER ESSENTIALS” IN THE SEARCH BOX.
Membership Ideas Exchange Corner
.. where branches can learn from each other….