Nominations and Elections Committee Report
April 2017 Candidates for Election at Annual Business Meeting
Brigid Heydt, AAUW-PA Nominations Chair
AAUW-PA Finance Officer
Mary Jo Buckwalter
Mary Jo has been an active member of the Doylestown Branch since 2012, and has also attended AAUW regional, state, and national meetings or conventions. She has been the Finance Officer of the Doylestown Branch since 2013.
AAUW-PA Membership Vice President
A member of the Carlisle Branch since 2011, Linkey has served as Program Co-Vice President and President. She works on the Public Policy Committee and helped create a Student Organization at Dickinson College. Linkey holds a B. S. in Chemistry from the University of Mary Washington and a Masters in Library and Information Science from the University of Texas at Austin. Most of her working life has been spent in elementary education either in the classroom or as a librarian. She feels strongly that every AAUW member is on the Membership Committee. In addition to AAUW, Linkey enjoys volunteering with her dog as a Pet Therapy team for Celtic Hospice.
AAUW-PA Secretary – Vacant
The secretary is responsible for keeping the official records of the state, including meeting minutes and official state correspondence. If interested in being considered for this position, contact Dot McLane, AAUW-PA President, email@example.com.
AAUW-PA 2017 Election Voting Instructions
If you are coming to the York Annual Meeting, you will vote there. Otherwise vote via either of the options below.
OPTION 1: ONLINE VOTING
Instructions: Click on the link https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AAUWelection2017 or paste into your browser. Online voting is available now through midnight, April 14, 2017. Clicking this link will bring up an initial screen that will include instructions and three boxes asking for voting confirmation information: 1) first name; 2) last name; and 3) branch. This information will not be connected to your vote. Voter names and branch affiliation are required only to verify that you are 1) a current paid AAUW-PA member and 2) that you are not voting multiple times.
Clicking the “next” box on screen one will bring up the actual ballot. It looks exactly like the paper ballot that includes the titles of each office—Finance Officer, and Membership VP, the two candidates’ names; and an option for a write-in.
Branches may facilitate online voting at a branch meeting. It requires only a computer, a site with internet access, and a degree of voting privacy.
OPTION 2: PAPER BALLOT VOTING
Instructions: Clip out and return the official ballot (on page 4 of Keystoner) or download from link below, and return to your branch president or to the Nominations Chair by mail. To be valid and counted, mailed ballots must be received no later than Friday, April 14, 2017, by Brigid Heydt at the address below. Voting instructions must be completed exactly as required in order for your ballot to be valid. Please ask for clarification from your branch officers or from AAUW-PA officers before voting if you have any questions or concerns about the appropriate way to file your ballot.
- Read the information about the nominees on page 4 of Keystoner and make your choice for each office. Mark an “X” in the blank provided on the ballot.
- In the box on the end of the ballot, PRINT legibly your name as it appears in AAUW membership records and branch affiliation (if you are not a member of any particular branch, PRINT “National Member” or other appropriate affiliation).
- SIGN the ballot where indicated in the box.
- FOLD your ballot on the dotted line so that the box with your information is folded away from your casted votes. Once your membership has been validated, the information in the box will be cut off from your casted votes and your votes will then be counted.
- FILE your ballot either by returning it to your branch president to bulk mail or to bring to Convention in person for you, or by mailing it yourself.
If mailing your ballot yourself, please send it to: Brigid Heydt, AAUW-PA Nominations, 450 Maple Street Jenkintown, PA 19046.