AAUW-PA STUDENT ADVISORY COUNCIL
Applications for the 2016-17 Student Advisory Council are now closed.
AAUW-PA is pleased to announce the 2016-17 Student Advisory Council members:
Suzanna Carnevali-Doan is a sophomore double-majoring in Spanish and Sociology at the University of Pittsburgh.
Allison Dushack is a junior majoring in Business Marketing at Robert Morris University.
Virginia Njenga is a senior Pre-Med major and minor in Women’s and Gender Studies at Indiana University of Pennsylvania.
Danita Scott is a senior Pre-Law/Legal Studies major at the University of Pittsburgh.
We are thrilled to have these four remarkable and very impressive women activists working with us this year on the Student Advisory Council!”
THANK YOU to our 2015-16 Student Advisory Council members: Sarah Best from the University of Pittsburgh, Danielle Lewis, from Indiana University of PA, Rosemary Roberts from Moravian College and Brittney Zeller from Lock Haven University.
THANK YOU to Selena Bennett from Moravian College, Heather Fallon from Lock Haven University, and Hali Santiago from Indiana University of PA for their service as charter members of the AAUW-PA Student Advisory Council in 2014-15. All three participated in the student panel at the AAUW-PA state meeting in April 2015 and helped the state board think through the best process for working effectively with the Student Advisory Council.
CONGRATULATIONS to Theresa Hice Johnson, a senior at Lock Haven University of PA, for serving as a member of the 2015-16 Student Advisory Council. Learn more about her.
AAUW-PA EMERGING LEADER INTERNS
The AAUW-PA Emerging Leader Intern (ELI) program has been suspended until further notice. Many thanks to our former Emerging Leader Interns for their commitment to the AAUW mission and to AAUW-PA:
- Kaitlin Sweeny (2014-15), Lock Haven University, ELI in marketing
- Brittney Zeller (2014-15), Lock Haven University, ELI in public policy
- Katie Cibort (2008-09), Juniata College, ELI in membership and marketing
CONGRATULATIONS to Cheyney University of Pennsylvania on winning one of the eleven 2014-15 AAUW Campus Action Project grants, co-sponsored by Pantene. Their project, My Life, My Label, addresses stereotypes about women of color and explores the biases women have against each other through a visual campaign.
Interested? Check out what they did.
CONGRATULATIONS to the University of Pennsylvania for being the only school in PA to host an Elect Her-Campus Women Win training program!
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2017 winners of the AAUW-PA grants to attend NCCWSL, the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders:
- Rachel Foor, an undergraduate studying Journalism at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Shaina Hilsey, an undergraduate studying Sports Management at California University of PennsylvaniaOlivia Kelly, an undergraduate studying Sociology and Urban Studies at the University of Pittsburgh
- Jillian Murphy, an undergraduate studying International Studies at Juniata College
- Hediya Ozkan, a graduate student studying Literature at Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Rina Patel, an undergraduate studying Growth and Structure of Cities at Bryn Mawr College
- Alison Simmons, a graduate student studying Epidemiology at Brown University